Friday, October 06, 2006

CheRogakué

This is the saddest picture I will post anywhere on this blog. According to the principle of recycling and reusing that I do believe in, I bought this old, wooden house with the purpose of dismantling and moving it to another address. I paid BR$ 1.000,00, roughly US$ 700,00. Paid another R$ 400,00 to dismantle it and take it to a land lot that I used to have about 50 blocks from the present location.
I never succceded in this endeavor. Later on and due to a lot of difficulties mostly with money I was not able to turn the dream into reality. The house was to be an important part of the CheRoga ExpoLife Project. I was so deceptioned that I decided to consider may failure with the house as my last attempt at anything in the Foz do Iguaçu area. Deffinetely not the place for small and simple ideas.
I have transferred the project to the city where I presently live andall of the present plans and activities regarding the ExpoLife Project is happening here. Che Roga means "My House" in the Guarani language. This post's title is Che Rogakue where "kue" means former, ex, what was but no longer is. But the dream has stood fast. And that is what this blog is all about!

No comments: