Saturday, April 17, 2010

The ExpoLife project is back

I am back! The CheRoga (My House in Guarani) Expolife project is back. Everything I have written in former posts thus far is outdated. What I will start writing from now is brand new. The former house where I was supposed to live and where the project was to be housed was bartered or exchanged for the one you see in the photographs on this page.

It is a very simple house just like the other two before this. This is a small project. Bottom up. Not because I want or have chosen to be bottom up. It is the only possible way. Some friends of mine have said that I should be ashamed of showing pictures of such a beginning. But it is OK. I am proud of it all.

The first thing we did when my family and I moved in was to paint inside wall in order to get the dirty out of them. After months of waiting we were finally able to add a verandah so that we could keep the sun away from the room. That is what you see happaning here. I hired two friends to do that for me.

Under my wife's command I had to give in and spend some money on this drive way. I tired to convice her no to do it like this since we do not own a car and that I will try my best not to. The ohotos can already show that we have made some basic progress. The progma now is how to transform this litttle house into an ecological small home. Among the things that are going to happen here are the urgent substitution of two flush toilets for two dry compost toilets; taking care of all kitchen-produced waste inside the compound walls; produce some food; have a place for meditation and where I can receive some people for thereapies; to install home-made solar heaters and as sson as possible to be able to produce some electricity based on photovoltaic cells.

No comments: